Nothing screams Holiday Haute-ness qiute like sequin. And it does not matter your shape, age or style choices its a timeless indicator that the holidays are here!!Every retail store is gearing up for Hoilday party time and sequin garments are in full effect. My childhood infactuation with shiny glittery things began the time I saw my mom rock head to toe sequin. She wore a green and gold hand beaded sequin dress with matching gold sequin purse. I was 9 or 10.
I still have that purse today, and let me tell you I can wait to put it on again this holiday season. Sequin clothes can be a bit much and too many times,easily overdone. Styling sequin can be tricky, here are a few tips and outfit options for such a luxe look.
TIPS:1. Don’t over spend for sequin. Really nice hand beaded sequin garments can be very expensive. Everything I own sequin is the hand beaded real deal and I thrifted each piece at local thrift stores. I shop year round for sequin tops and it never fails I can always find something!! (here are mine)
2. Its totally fine to rock sequin in the day.
3. Rock sequin head to toe. I saw tons of sequin head to toe looks on the NYFW runway. You can pull it off!!
4. Add touches of sequinor sequin accessories to jazz up your outfit. Sequin purses,shoes,headbands and scarves always makes any ordinary look fancy. Check out D.I.Y videos to make your own!!
1. Pair sequin tops or blazers with leather skirts,shorts or pants with tights for a night out or denim jeans for a more casual day time look. Adding fun pops of color during the day with sequin makes it day time fun without it being too dressy.
2. Layer a sequin dress with a moto jacket and boots or ballet flats for youthful charm ,or a chunky cable knit sweater and pumps for a cozier more low key sophisticated approach.
3. Sequin leggins should be worn as pants not a layering piece. Add a silk printed vintage blouse,slouchy pocket tee or crispy button down work blouse to complete the look. You could also rock a bright colored pullover sewater and ballet flats for everyday work flow.
I found a few pocket friendly sequin items that anybody can pull off. Of course,check your local thrift store for unique one of a kind pieces first.